Michael H. Kaplan is one of only three NFLPA Workers’ Compensation Panel Counsel representing the NFL in Colorado. As Panel Counsel, Michael’s role is to represent and assist NFL players with workers’ compensation matters and support the NFLPA in Colorado.
The National Football League Players Association is the union for professional football players in the National Football League. Established in 1956, the NFLPA has a long history of assuring proper recognition and representation of players’ interests. The NFLPA has shown that it will do whatever is necessary to assure that the rights of players are protected: The NFL Players Association:
• Represents all players in matters concerning wages, hours and working conditions and protects their rights as professional football players
• Assures that the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are met
• Negotiates and monitors retirement and insurance benefits
• Provides other member services and activities
• Provides assistance to charitable and community organizations
• Enhances and defends the image of players and their profession on and off the field